CPR for Children
CPR for children is similar to performing standard CPR for adults. There are, however, 5 differences.
1) If you are alone with the child give one minute of CPR before calling ambulance.
2) Use the heel of one hand for chest compressions
3) Press the sternum down 1 to 1.5 inches
4) Give chest compressions at the rate of 100 per minute
5) Give 1 full breath followed by 5 chest compressions
Do you want to take these instructions with you?
to print a CPR Pocket Guide.
RETURN TO MAIN PAGE