ContactPakistan.com
CP Medical Clinic | CP Legal Advisor | CP Ladies | CP Kids | CP Sports
| CP Students
| After Hours | Gulf Yellow Pages | Horoscope | Business

FOR YOUR HEALTH
Research by Content Manager

By Lenny Schaustal, VNY FSDO
If this isn't already a habit, then it should be incorporated into one, as
soon as possible. A stock clerk was sent to clean up a storeroom at their
Maui location. When he got back, he was complaining that the store room was really filthy, and that he had noticed dried mouse or rat droppings in some areas. A couple of days later, he started feeling like he was coming down with stomach flu, achy joints, headache, and he started throwing up. He went to bed and never really got up. Within two days he was very ill and weak.
His blood sugar count was down to 66 and his face and eyeballs were yellow.
He was rushed to the emergency at Pali Momi, where they said he was
suffering from massive organ failure! The doctor in ER transferred him to
St. Francis Hospital and notified all his relatives as he didn't have long
to live. In ICU of St. Francis Hospital, a team of doctors were trying
desperately to stabilize him. They said that even if by some miracle he
pulled through, he would need a new liver, kidneys, pancreas and bladder. He died shortly before midnight. None of us would have ever made the connection between his job and his death, but the doctors specifically asked if he had been in a warehouse or exposed to dried rat or mouse droppings at any time.
They said there is a virus (much like Hanta virus) that lives in dried rat
and mouse droppings. Once dried, these droppings are like dust, and can
easily be inhaled or ingested if a person is not careful to wash their hands
and face thoroughly, or wear protective gear. An autopsy is being conducted
to verify the doctors' suspicions and tissue samples have been sent to the
CDC in Atlanta.
Please be extremely careful to always rinse off the tops of any canned sodas or foods, and wipe off pasta packaging, cereal boxes, etc. Almost everything you buy in a supermarket was stored in a warehouse at one time or another, and stores themselves often have rodents. I worked in grocery wholesaling long enough to know that even the cleanest store has mice or rats. Whenever you buy any canned soft drink, please make sure that you wash the top with running water and soap, or if not available, drink with a straw. A family friend's friend died after drinking a can of soda! Apparently, she did not clean the top before drinking from the can. The top was encrusted with dried rat's urine, which is toxic and obviously lethal!!!! Canned drinks and other foodstuffs are stored in warehouses and containers that are usually infested with rodents and then get transported to the retail outlets without being properly cleaned.

Some say this is all not true! - Well we are not expert on this so why not read other side of the story at http://www.urbanlegends.com/ulz/raturine.html