Ingredients- fresh pita bread
- Whole dill pickle (cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- French fries
- garlic spread (follow recipe)
Marinade for chicken
- 2 lb. boneless chicken with (cut into pieces)
- 1\2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground green cardamoms
- 3/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red chili
- 1 1\2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp. sumac, optional
Ingredients for garlic sauce:
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup corn oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
Wash the chicken pieces pat dry. Place the chicken pieces in a bowl.
Mix all the spices
with lemon juice to make thick paste. Rub the paste over the chicken pieces thoroughly.
Marinate it for 5-6 hours at room temperature over night in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a baking dish with oil, put chicken pieces in skin side down, and bake it for about 20 minutes. Take it out, turn them over and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until the chicken is tender.
3. Remove the skin and shred the chicken with a sharp knife. Put the shredded chicken back in the baking dish. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sumac and mix well.
Put the garlic and salt in a food processor or chopper and process to a smooth paste. Add oil in a thin stream and process until oil and garlic form a uniform mixture. add lemon juice and process once.
Take one pita bread, put a thin layer of
garlic spread. Put 4 tablespoons of shredded chicken, a
few slices of pickle and French fries. Roll
it, wrap in paper napkin.