tbsp. peanut or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh or canned mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or skillet. Add mushrooms, red
pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, garlic and ginger, and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes
or until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
2. Add cashews and green onions and stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Combine stock, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a small cup and stir into vegetables and
cook for 2 minutes more or until thickened. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Serve with plain or fried rice.