- 375g chicken
Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes. Mix together in a bowl 1 tbsp
Soya sauce, 1\4 tsp. white pepper, and 1\4 tsp. Chinese salt. Marinate the chicken in this
for about 30 minutes.
2 Cut the spring onions into 1 inch length. Cut the white onions into cubes. Wash the chili, core them, and cut the flesh lengthwise into thin strips
3. Mix the corn flour with a little stock to make a paste. Add 2 tbsp of Soya sauce, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. of vinegar;1\2 tsp. of table salt, and 1\2 tsp. of Chinese salt to the stock and bring to boil. Mix the corn flour paste in the boiling stock in a thin stream, stirring all the time to make the thin sauce. Keep it hot.
4. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is almost tender. Remove the chicken from the oil and keep aside.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the onions, spring onions, and green chilli for 2 minutes over fierce heat, stirring all the time. Add chicken pieces and fry for a further minute.
6. Add the prepared sauce to the chicken mixture and stir it over high heat and then remove from the heat.
7. Serve with fried rice or noodles.