- 450 g boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1\2 tsp. table salt
- 1\4 tsp. Chinese salt
- 1\4 tsp. white pepper
- SAUCE :
- 11\4 cup chicken stock
-1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 level tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1\4 tsp. chines salt
- 1\4 tsp. table salt
- 4-5 sprig onions
- 100 g. fresh or canned mushrooms
- 100 g. bean curd
- oil for frying
- 100 g. blanched almonds
1. Wash and cut chicken into small cubes. Marinate the chicken with
salt, pepper, chinese salt and soy sauce for about 20 minutes. Drain execess marinade.
2. Wash and slice mushrooms, bean curd and spring onions.
3. In a small saucepan mix together, the chicken stock, vinegar, corn flour,
salt, pepper and soy sauce.
4. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil, simmer for 3-4 minutes or until a
slightly thick sauce is formed, (sauce should not be very thick or thin). Keep hot.
5. Heat oil in a wok and fry the marinated chicken until the chicken is tender.
Transfer to a bowl and discard the oil.
6. Fry the almonds in 2 table spoons of oil for 2 minutes. Heat 2-3 tbs. of
oil and fry mushrooms, bean curd and spring onions for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the fried chicken pieces and fried almonds into the vegetables and pour the
sauce over it, stirring constantly cook for 1 minute and adjust the seasoning.
8. Serve in a hot bowl with plain or fried rice.