- 450 g boneless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1\4 tsp. Chinese salt
- 1\4 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. ginger juice (peel and ground fresh ginger, squeeze out juice)
- 1\4 tsp. white pepper
- SAUCE :
- 11\4 cup chicken stock
-1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1\4 tsp. chines salt
- 1\4 tsp. table salt
- 4-5 sprig onions
- 125 g. fresh or canned mushrooms
- oil for frying
1.Wash and cut chicken into 2 inch strips. Marinate the chicken with
ginger juice, salt, pepper, sugar and soy sauce, for about 20 minutes.
2. Wash and slice mushrooms, cut spring onions lengthwise into two half and then
cut into 2 inch strips.
3. In a small saucepan mix together, the chicken stock, vinegar, corn flour,
salt, pepper and soy sauce.
3. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, simmer for 3-4 minutes or until a slightly
thick sauce is formed, (sauce should not be very thick or thin). Keep hot.
4. Heat oil in a wok and fry the marinated chicken until the chicken is tender.
Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Heat 2-3 tbs. of oil and fry mushrooms and spring onions for 3-4 minutes or
until the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
6. Put the fried chicken pieces into the vegetables and pour the sauce over it,
stirring constantly cook for 1 minute.
8. Serve in a hot bowl with plain or fried rice.