- 250 g. peeled
- 3\4 cup freshly made chicken stock
- 4-6 dried mushrooms
- 100 g. fresh or canned bean sprout
- 125 g. bamboo shoots
- 10 water chestnuts
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp.
- 1\4 tsp. Chinese salt
- 1\2 tsp. white pepper
- 1\2 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 level tbsp. cornflour
- 1\4 cup oil
1.Cut the large prawns in half.
2. Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, rinse, squeeze and slice (discard
3. Rinse the bean sprouts under cold running water. Drain.
4. Drain the bamboo shoot and water chestnuts and cut them into match stick strips.
5. Cut the spring onions into 1\2 inch length.
6. Mix the corn flour , salt, Chinese salt soy sauce, ginger, white pepper and
chicken stock in a small sauce pan. Stirring constantly, bring to boil and simmer for 3-4
7. Heat oil to a smoking point and fry the vegetables and prawn for 2-3 minutes.
8. Pour the sauce over it and stir fry for 1 minute.
9. Transfer to a heated serving dish.
10 Serve with plain or fried rice.