- 450 g white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp.flour
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1\4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1\4 tsp. white pepper
- SWEET & SOUR SAUCE
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1\2 cup syrup from canned pineapple
- 1\3 cup vinegar
- 1\3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
-1\4 cup ketch up
- 1\4 tsp. chines salt
- 4-5 pineapple rings
- 2 sprig onions
- 1 carrot
- half green bell pepper
- half yellow bell pepper
- half red bell pepper
- 1 small white onion
- oil for deep frying
1.Cut fish into bite sized pieces.Sift the flour corn flour and salt
together in a mixing bowl. make a well in the center, add the egg and mix with a little of
the flour, using a wooden spoon or hand. Add soy sauce and draw in the flour, beat until
the better is smooth. beat in the sugar.black pepper and vinegar. Marinate the fish pieces
in the batter for 2-3 hours.
2. In a small saucepan mix together, the chicken stock, pineapple syrup, vinegar,
sugar, ketch up, corn flour, salt and soy sauce.
3. Bring to boil, stirring constantly,simmer for 3-4 minutes. Keep hot.
4. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the marinated fish pieces until crisp and golden.
Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Cut pineapple, carrot, spring onion, white onion and bell pepper into wedges.
6. Heat 2-3 tbs. of oil and fry all of the vegetables for 3-4 minutes or until the
vegetables are tender but still crisp.
7. Put the fried chicken pieces into the vegetables and pour the sauce over it,
stirring constantly cook for 1 minute.
8. Serve in a hot bowl with plain or fried rice.