Mooli ka Paratha
flour, white or whole wheat
1. Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add
water to bind the mixture together. Knead well for a few minutes until
dough leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Cover with a damp cloth and keep
aside for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile prepare the stuffing. Wash the radish and grate them, using a vegetable grater. Place the grated radish in a colander, add 1 teaspoon salt and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Place a small amount of radish between the palm of your hands and press to squeeze out water. Put radish in a bowl, add green chilies, coriander leaves, salt, chili powder and 3 tablespoons ghee and mix well. Divide filling into 6 equal parts.
4. Divide dough into 12 round balls. Flatten each ball slightly. Put one portion of filling in centre. Place the other round over to cover the filling and press the edges together to seal.
5. Dip the stuffed round into some dry flour to prevent it from sticking to the surface and rolling pin.
6. Roll out each round on a lightly floured surface into a round 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter.
7. Cook one at a time on a hot griddle over medium heat. Put about 1 or 2 tbsp ghee around the edge. Turn gently. Cook until sides turn golden brown. Serve with yogurt and lemon or mixed pickle.