Ingredient- 1 kg. flour (maida)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. dry yeast
- 50 gm. ghee
- 400 ml water
2. Dissolve the sugar in the warm water and sprinkle in the yeast. Leave to stand in a warm place for about 10 minutes until frothy.
3. Add yeast to the flour mixture and knead to a firm and elastic dough. This will take about 15- 20 minutes.
4. Shape into a ball, place in a greased bowl and leave in a warm place for 3-4 hours or until double in size.
5. Knock the risen dough down, then knead again on a lightly floured surface for 3-4 minutes until smooth.
6. Divide the dough in half. Shape each piece into a long roll and place in a lightly greased 900 g. (2 lb) loaf tin.
7. Cover the dough with oiled cling film or wet cloth and leave in a warm place to rise. The dough should rise to the rim, this will take about 45 minutes.
8. Brush the loaves with water or milk. Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 375F and bake for a further 30- 40 minutes. Cool in the tins for 3-4 hours.
9. Slice the loaf into thick pieces. Arrange the rusks in single layers on baking sheets and bake for a further 10- 15 minutes or until all moisture dries up. Cool and store in a airtight container.
Did you try our Pizza.