2 egg yolks
1. Place the egg yolks,
mustard, vinegar and a seasoning of salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and seasoning to blend, while the machine is running, begin to pour the oil very slowly.
3. Whisk all the time as the mayonnaise begins to thicken. The oil should be poured directly on to the whisk so that it is immediately incorporated into the mixture.
4. When all the oil is added, the mixture will be very thick.
5. Whisk in boiling water, this will give the mayonnaise a lighter color and a slightly softer consistency.
6. Covered and store in the refrigerator, but remember fresh mayonnaise does not keep long, especially in summer!
Note: Recipe can be halved.