Channay Ki Dal Ka Halva
|1. Drain the soaked lentil and wash well. Place lentil in a
saucepan, add water and boil rapidly for 5 minutes then lower the heat and boil for a
further 1\2 an hour or until tender and all the water from the lentil has evaporated.
2. In a chopper or food processor grind the lentil to a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a heavy- based saucepan. Add cardamom seeds, stirring all the time fry it for a few seconds.
4. Add lentil, sugar and milk powder and stirring continuously, fry the mixture until ghee is first absorbed by lentil and then released. The halva is ready when ghee begins to separate and color changes to light brown about 25-30 minutes.
5. Transfer halva to a tray or a baking sheet and spread it out into a thickness of no more than 1\2 inch. Leave it to cool down. as soon as it begin to set, cut it into squares or diamonds and leave it to cool completely for several hours.
6. Decorate with varak, sliced pistachios and almonds. Lift off the halva with a spatula and arrange on a serving dish.