Mango Cheese Cake
1\4 cup butter
How to Cook:
1. Lightly oil a 9 inches (24cm) spring release cake tin. Line the base with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
Make the Base:
2. Mix together the melted butter and biscuit crumbs. Press the crumb mixture into the base of the prepared pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Make the Filling:
3. With a sharp knife, peel the mangoes and scrap the flesh from the stone. Discard the stone and chop or mash the flesh.
4. Boil 1\2 cup water in a small saucepan, remove from heat, add jelly, gelatin, lemon juice and sugar, stir to mix and keep aside for 3 minutes. Return the saucepan over low heat and stir until gelatins and sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly, add mango flesh then refrigerate until thickened but not set, stirring occasionally.
5. Put the cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until smooth, about 2 minutes. With a balloon mixer fold the cooled mango mixture into the cheese.
6. Working quickly, in another bowl beat cream and vanilla until, it is the same consistency as the cheese mixture. Then lightly fold in the cheese mixture. Pour into the biscuit crust and refrigerate or chill until set, about 6-8 hours.
7. Carefully remove the sides of the cake tin then using a blade knife or spatula loosen the base and slide the cake off the base onto the serving plate. Decorate with mango slices, if wished.
This recipe serves 8