1.2Kg sugar .
|1. Heat 1of litter water, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup
milk and boil for 5 minutes. Strain it through a muslin bag or thin cloth.
2. Dissolve the cornflour in a little water. Add the remaining water and sugar syrup.
3. Dissolve 1 tsp. Saffron in warm water. Add to the cornflour mixture and cook over low flame. When cornflour becomes thick , add 1 tbsp ghee . Continue adding Ghee ( 1/2 Kg) slowly during cooking to prevent it from sticking to the pan . Stir it well .
4. As Ghee separates from the mixture. Then it is ready. Add almonds , Pistachio & green Ilachi in it.
5. Grease a pan or tray with oil . Spread Halwa in it & press with a wooden spoon to flatten it.
6. Garnish it with almonds, pistachio and cardamoms. As it cools down, cut it into pieces and serve.