- 6 tsp. green
- 15-20 seeds of green cardamom plus 1\2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1\2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1\2 ltr. full cream milk
- Fresh cream ( malai)
- 6 tsp. ground pistachio
- 6 cups water
- salt to taste
1. Pour water in a heavy based large pan. Add tea leaves,salt, seeds
of green cardamom and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Bring to boil reduce heat and simmer briskly for 45 minutes or until it reduces
to 1\3 its quantity.
3. While it is still boiling pour in it about 2-3 cups of cold water or enough
water to make four cups in all. Bring to boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from
heat, strain and keep aside.
4. Boil the milk with ground cardamom over low heat. Pour prepared tea water (Qahwa)
in the milk. Bring to boil, add salt and simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat.
Remove from heat and pour into 6 cups.Pour 1 tablespoon of cream or malai. Sprinkle
1 teaspoon of pistachio over it.
Flavor of the tea depends on the quality of the green tea leaves.
If you like to serve it in Kashmir (B.J) style then serve it with Kulcha / Nan or Hunter beef.