Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Rice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced- 4 whole red chilies
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1\2 tsp. pepper
For leg of lamb:- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1\2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 2 1\2 kg. boneless leg of lamb
Melt butter with oil
in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, chilies and minced garlic clove and sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add rice and cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Cool. Add cream, coriander leaves, salt and pepper and mix to blend.
4. Preheat oven to 425°F. In a bowl, mix together lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic paste, chili powder and 2 tablespoons oil.
5. Unroll lamb, pat dry and rub with marinade. Place cut side up of lamb on work surface. Spread half of stuffing evenly over lamb, press to adhere.
6. Starting at narrow end, roll up lamb tightly, enclosing filling. Place lamb in netting to hold shape.
7. Hold one end of lamb and fill the opposite end with rest of stuffing. Use kitchen string to tie ends of netting.
8. Rub outside of lamb with remaining 2 tablespoons oil, Place it on rack in roasting pan. Roast lamb to desired doneness, about 11\2 hour.
9. Remove from oven. Cover with foil and let stand 15-20 minutes. Remove string and netting. Cut lamb into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place on platter.
10. Serve it with Nan and Chutney.
Note: For ease of preparation, ask the butcher to butterfly the leg of lamb for you.