Roasted Lamb Leg
- 2.5 -
3 kg whole leg of lamb
the meat and cut slits, about 2cm deep at regular intervals over
2. Spread the lemon juice all over the meat and rub it into the incisions. Put the meat in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
3. Mix chili powder, salt, coriander, nutmeg, cumin and garam masala. Rub the mixture over meat and put it back in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or preferably over night.
4. Two hours before cooking, spread yogurt all over meat and rub well.
5. Steam the leg in a steamer for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
6. Heat the oil in a large wok and fry it on high heat for about 5 minutes or until the meat is brown or if you like to BBQ it, then cook over ash layered charcoal till it is brown. Don't forget to brush oil while grilling it.
Serve it with Nan and Chutney.