Bund Gobi Aur Aaloo
1 medium bund gobi (cabbage)
1. Trim off the base of the stalk and remove tough outer
leaves of cabbage. Quarter the cabbage and remove the thick centre stalk.
Shred the cabbage evenly across the leaves. Wash in cold water and drain
well. Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes. Skinned and roughly chop the
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions and ginger, sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add chili powder, turmeric, salt, coriander powder and a little water to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stirring frequently, fry the mixture for about 3 minutes.
4.Then add the tomatoes and still stirring frequently, fry the mixture for about 5-8 minutes, until tomatoes are reduced to a pulp. Add a little water, if necessary, to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Keep frying until the oil begins to separate. .
5. Add cabbage and potatoes and mix well. Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and all the moisture had dried up. Note: No need to add water, as cabbage releases its own water, add little water if the potatoes are still hard and cook little longer.
6. Add garam masala, coriander leave and green chilies.
7. Serve with Nan, Roti or plain boiled rice.