2-5lb Fryer Chickens,
skinned, and cut into pieces
the chicken pieces, drain and
2. Finely chop the onions in a food processor and keep aside. Now place garlic and ginger in the food processor and blend to a paste. Add coriander, cumin, chili powder black pepper, turmeric and blend well. Transfer to a small bowl and add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaves to it. Set aside.
3.Put tomatoes and salt in the food processor (no need to clean the bowl) and blend well.
4. Heat oil in a large pressure cooker. When hot add chopped onions and carefully fry to a golden brown, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove the onions with a perforated slice. Drain half the oil, keeping the other half in the pressure cooker. Return browned onions to cooker and add all the spices and fry on medium heat until the oil separate from the gravy, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken pieces stir well and fry on high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
7. Add tomato mixture and water. Bring to boil, stir and cook for 10- 12 minutes under pressure.
8. Remove from heat, lower pressure by running cold water over cooker. Transfer to a serving dish. Serve with rice or Nan.
Use 1 cup of plain yogurt instead of the tomatoes.