- 1\2 cup oil
|1. Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan
over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until
soft, about 2 minutes.
2. Add ginger and garlic, sauté about 2 minutes. Stirring constantly. (add little water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan).
3. Add chicken and fry until the water from chicken is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
4. Add chili powder, turmeric, salt and coriander powder. Fry 1 minute, then add tomatoes and Stirring constantly, fry the mixture for about 5 minutes, or tomatoes are reduced to a pulp.
5. Add yogurt and fry for few more minutes, stirring constantly, about 4 minutes. Add a little water, if necessary, to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Keep frying until the oil begins to separate.
6. Add lemon juice, ginger sticks, chatt masala garam masala, coriander leave and green chilies. Stir once, cover and cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
7. Serve with Nan, Roti or plain boiled rice.