2 cups paya Yakhni
Heat oil or ghee in a handi (earthenware pot) and fry onions to a golden
color, remove onions with a slotted spoon and add cloves,
cumin, cardamoms and black paper to the oil and fry for few seconds.
2. Add chicken, turmeric, coriander, garlic, ginger. Stirring frequently fry the meat for about 5-8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile put onions and yogurt in a blender or food processor and grind to a smooth.
4. Add onion mixture, chilli powder and salt. Fry for 5 more minutes. (Add 4 tablespoons of water if the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan.
4.Add paya yakhni, and bring to a boil. While stirring frequently pour the flour mixture in a thin stream.
5. Add 3 cups of water, cover with a tight fitting lid and seal with dough paste (Atte ki laip).
6. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
7. When ghee float on top, sprinkle garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves, green chili and ginger.
Serve with Nan or chapati.
Make Paya Yakhni:
Place all the ingredients in a heavy based sauce pan and bring to boil and simmer for 30- 40 minutes over low heat until 2 cups of gravy is left. Discard the paya and reserve the stock. (the process of can be speeded up in the pressure cooker.)