- Meat 1 Kg (
chicken , beef or mutton but preferably beef)
|1. Soak the wheat or gaihun in water for seven to eight hours. In a
broad pot add wheat, salt and 1 1/2 liter water and cook it on medium flame till tender.
2. Take another pot, add meat, salt, whole green chilies, ginger, garlic paste, red chili powder, black pepper powder & tomato puree and cook it till tender (add 2 to 3 glasses of water in case of beef or mutton).
3. When the meat is tender then use a chopper to obtain haleem like consistency, however, the traditional method is the use of Ghotna.
4. Then add tender wheat & stock and cook the mixture till it is thick.
5. Heat oil/ghee in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown, pour it on the Hareesa as a decoration.
6. Serve it with lime, chopped green chilies, sliced ginger and garam masala Powder. This dish goes best with Nan