yellow pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
|1.Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan
over high heat. Add cumin and nigella seeds. They should pop at once. Add the onions,
reduce heat to low and stirring
frequently, fry for 5-8 minutes until the onions turns to a
light brown color.
2. Add ginger and fry for a minute and then add chili power, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and 3-4 tablespoons of water. Stir and fry for another minute.
3. Add tomatoes and stirring frequently, fry the onion mixture for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes are reduced to a pulp. Add a little water, if necessary, to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Keep frying until the oil begins to separate.
4. Add pumpkin, mix well, reduce the heat, cover and allow to cook in its own juices for about 30 minutes or until tender. Mash a few pieces with the back of a wooden spoon.
5. Add garam masala, coriander leave and green chilies. Mix well and cook for few more minutes.
7. Serve with plain boiled rice and Mixed Pickle