1/4 cup cooking oil
1. In a large heavy based saucepan, heat oil
over medium heat. Add onions and fry until soft
but not brown.
2. Add tomatoes, ginger, chili powder, salt and coriander powder. Stirring constantly, cook over medium-low heat, until tomatoes are reduce to pulp and oil begin to separate, about 5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes, stir well and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup water, cover and cook until potatoes are half cooked and about 1\4 cup gravy is left, about 7 minutes.
4. Add rest of the vegetables and cook over low heat until the vegetables are tender but still retain their shape.
5. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle garam masala.
Serve with Chapati or plain boiled rice.