Murgh Do Piaza
- 750 g.
chicken cut into 1 1\2 inch pieces
|1. Finely slice the 2 onions and roughly chop the rest of the onions.
Add the chilli powder, ground coriander, turmeric and salt to the chicken and mix well to
coat the chicken pieces
2. Lightly grease a heavy based sauce pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Spread half of the chopped onions on the bottom. Add the chicken pieces and layer the rest of the chopped onions on top.
3. Cover pan with a tight fitting lid. Cook for 20-25 minutes until the onions are reduce to a pulp and the chicken is tender.
4. Heat oil in another pan. Add sliced onions, ginger and garlic, stirring frequently fry for 8-10 minutes to a crisp golden color.
5. Add the bay leaves stir fry for another minute stirring frequently add tomatoes and stir fry until the tomatoes are reduce to a pulp.
6. Add meat and onions to it. Stir well to mix all the ingredients. Stirring frequently, fry the mixture until it is well browned and a thick onion sauce has formed. Add lemon juice and while mixing well fry for another minute
7. Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves Serve hot with Nan. or Roti.