|Try another Kofta recipe||
Ingredients- 500g Lean minced beef
- 2 Medium onions
- 1/4 cup Channa daal (gram lentils)
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 cup Yogurt
-4 cloves Garlic
- 5 Green chillis
- 1/4 cup Chopped coriander leaves (Cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 5 Hardboiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons Kewra water
- Flour for dusting
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower oil
|1. Keeping a tablespoon of the minced beef aside, put everything apart
from the eggs, the Kewra and the oil in a saucepan with 3 cups of water and cook until the
daal is soft and the water has dried.
2. Put the uncooked mince with the cooked mixture, add the Kewra (if desired) and grind all of this into a smooth paste WITHOUT adding any water. The uncooked meat binds the mixture together.
3. Shell all the eggs and dust them with flour.
4. Divide the meat/daal mixture into 5 equal portions. Flatten each portion in the palm, place an egg in the centre and wrap the paste around the egg until its completely enclosed.
5. Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan, put in the meatballs and fry them until they are brown on all sides.
6. When cool, cut the meatballs into halves, and serve with the eggs facing up.
Serve with Roti or Nan