- Boneless Leg
of Spring lamb 500g
|1. Dice the lamb into 2 cm cubes.
2. In a bowl large enough to hold lamb, mix the spices with the yogurt. Add the lamb and stir so that the yogurt mixture coats the lamb cubes. Leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
3. Heat the ghee in a saucepan (medium heat) and add the marinated lamb. Fry with stirring until the lamb is browned.
4. Add the spinach and the salt. Cook with stirring on low heat until the moisture from the spinach has evaporated and the meat is well cooked.
5. Put the baghar ingredients in a small skillet or saucepan and heat on medium with stirring until the garlic is golden brown. Add all of this to the meat and spinach.
6. Serve with plain rice or Roti
Note 1: Fresh or frozen or even canned spinach works well. The spinach must be either finely chopped or
pureed. Frozen or canned spinach is usually supplied in this form, and saves you having to chop/puree it yourself.