bhari shimla mirch
4-6 bell peppers
Select squat round pepper that will stand upright. Using a small sharp
knife, cut round the stem of each pepper. Draw it out, together
with the seeds from inside.
2. Place the pepper together in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Then drain the peppers upside down and set aside while preparing the filling.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the chopped onions and fry for few minutes until soft but not brown.
4. Add mince meat and garlic to the onions. Continue to fry until the meat is well browned
5. Chopped the tomatoes and add to the meat. Sprinkle in the flour and stir thoroughly.
Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, chilli powder, pepper, and stock or water. Stir over low heat for about 5 minutes or until sauce is thick.
6. Spoon the meat mixture evenly into the peppers. Arrange the peppers in a well buttered oven proof dish. Sprinkle the top of each pepper with parmesan cheese.
7. Add about 3 tablespoons of water to the dish.
8. Place the dish in the centre of a oven at 350F and cook for 35-40 minutes. Serve hot.