Daal(Any sort of pulse you desire).
|1. Soak the pulse in water over night.
2. Take it in a pot, add water enough to make it tender.
3. Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, peppers, cinnamon, and green chillies to it. Boil until the pulse becomes tender and homogenious with water. Never stir while boiling with any steel utensile otherwise daal will turn hard.
4. In a frying pan, take ghee, add onion slices on melting and fry till they get light brown.
5. Add ginger and garlic paste to it. After a short while add tomatoes, a pinch of salt, red chillies and fry till the mixture turns into a smooth gravey.
6. Add this mixture to the boiling daal and stir with any wooden spoon.
7. Dish out and garnish with garam masalah, carder, mint leaves and lemon slices. Serve with rice.