Alloo Aur Keema Kay Rolls
1\2 kg. potatoes
1. In a
large saucepan cover potatoes with cold water by 2
inches and simmer until tender, 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander and cool slightly. While potatoes are still warm, peel and mash with a potato masher or fork and stir in salt and black pepper. Chill mashed potatoes until cold.
3. Meanwhile prepare the stuffing: Place mince in a skillet. Add ginger, garlic, chili powder, salt and water to it.
4. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until mince is tender and water has been completely absorbed. This is very important otherwise rolls will split on frying. Remove from heat, add vinegar and allow to cool.
5. Flour your palm and place about 2 tablespoons of the mashed potato and pat it into a round shape. Place a little of the stuffing in the centre and fold the potato paste over it, covering the stuffing completely and roll it into an oval shape.
6. Dip rolls first in egg, then roll in bread crumbs to cover completely. Repeat with remaining rolls and place them in a single layer on a baking tray.
7. Heat oil in a karahi or wok over medium heat and fry rolls in batches for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Remove from oil and put them on absorbent kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.