- 450g boneless chicken breast
chicken into bite sized pieces. Rub the chicken with lemon
juice and put aside. Mix the garlic, ginger paste with salt, chili powder, turmeric,
green chilies and ground coriander. Smear the chicken pieces with spice paste and set
aside for at least 2 hours.
2. Place the gram flour and the remaining dry ingredients and food color in a bowl. Pour in the water gradually and beat to a smooth paste. The consistency should be like thick pancake batter. Leave aside to rest for 20 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a karahi to smoking point, then reduce the heat to medium.
4. Dip a few pieces of chicken into the batter to thoroughly coat them, then using your fingers lift them out of the batter and at once drop them into the hot oil. Be careful not to splash yourself with hot oil. Donot try to fry too many at a time. Fry for a few minutes, then carefully turn them over. Fry the pakoras for 5-8 minutes to a crisp golden color, drain thoroughly with a perforated slice. Then place them on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Sprinkle with chat masala.
6. Serve with Nan, Podinay Ki Chutney and Sweet tamarind chutney