IngredientFor Gool Guppay
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup fine semolina (suji)
- 1\2 tsp. red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh coriander.
- 1 heaped tsp. cumin (zeera)
- Salt to taste
-1 tsp. black salt (kala namak)
-2-3 glasses of Water
-2-3 green chilies
-1/2" piece fresh or dry (sonth) ginger
-4 oz Tamarind (remove seeds)
- 1 cup chick peas
- 2-3 medium potatoes
- 2 cups plain yogurt
|1. Mix the white flour and sujji and kneed into a hard dough.
Cover the dough
with a wet cloth and keep aside for at least two hours. Divide the dough into four pieces.
With a rolling pin Flatten each piece into a VERY thin sheet and cut into 2 inches circles
with a cookie cutter.
2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Deep fry each circle until it is puffed and golden in color.
3. Blend all the ingredients for the dip together in a blender for few seconds and strain. Reserve the liquid.
4. Boil the chick peas and potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small dices.
5. Put the chick peas, potatoes, yogurt, and sweet Imli chutney in separate serving dishes.
6. Serve gool guppay with sweet imli chutney, peas, potatoes and yogurt.
Now if you new to this world famous Pakistani snack and not sure how to have it then here is how eat them.
Get hold of a gool gupa, make a hole on the top by pressing it with your thumb. Stuff in some chick peas and potato, dip it in khuta pani and umm... yummy yummy!
You can also try with sweet dip and yogurt but I prefer with khata pani.