Galawat kay Kebab
-1 kg. lean
Mince ( beef or lamb)
|1. Heat oil in a heavy based sauce pan. Add onions and stirring
frequently, fry for 8-10 minutes to a light golden color. Remove onions from oil and
discard the oil. Put the onions in a chopper or food processor and blend to a smooth paste
without using water.
2. Dry roast the cumin for a few minutes in a small heavy based frying pan until it gives off its aroma.
3. Thoroughly wash the mince and squeeze out any water (if there is water in the mince the kebab will split).
4. Put the mince in a bowl. Add all the ingredients except chick pea flour. Knead the mixture really well for a few minutes with your hands until the mince hold its shape.
5. Sieve in the chick pea flour. Knead the mince again until it feels dry to touch (add a little extra if necessary). Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 35-40 minutes.
6. Break off large pieces of mince mixture. Wet your palms and place it in the center of your palm. Shape it into a smooth ball and then press it into a smooth flat shape.
7.Heat a heavy based frying pan and add enough oil to just cover the surface. (if there is too much oil, the kebabs will split.
8. Add 3-4 kebabs at a time and fry over a very low heat to a crisp golden color, turning them once. Keep hot while you fry the remaining kebabs.
9. Serve hot with Nan or chapati.
Did you try our GOLA KEBAB