1. Sift flour, ajwain, salt in a bowl. Pour in melted ghee or oil. Using both hands, rub the fat into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add a little water at a time and bind the flour into a soft, pliable dough. Knead it really well for about 10 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into two equal halves. Roll each half into large thin rounds. Prick all over with fork. Cut out 2 inch rounds from it with a round cookie cutter.
5. Heat oil in a karahi or deep frying pan and fry a few at a time over medium heat to a crisp golden color. Cool and store in a air tight container.
For chili pakora:
1. Slit chilies, deseed and rub with salt and lemon juice.
2. Keep aside for 5 minutes, Pat dry with kitchen towels. 3. Make medium thick batter of Basen, salt, chili powder and little water. Add hot oil to batter and mix thoroughly.
5.Dip each chili in it, and deep fry in hot oil till golden. Drain, keep aside.
1. Place potatoes, onions, tomatoes and green chilies in a large serving plate. Add salt, chaat masala, chili powder and garam masala and mix gently.
2. Arrange papri and mirch pakora over the potato mixture. Spoon yogurt, mint chutney and sweet tamarind chutney over papri and potato mixture and serve immediately.