- 2 eggs, separated
- 75 g. sugar
- 5o g. butter
- 350 ml milk
- 50 g. self- raising flour
|1. Grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks and then stir in the milk.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder together and beat in the yolk mixture until evenly mixed.
4. Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the mixture.
5. Pour into the prepared dish. Bake at 350F (180C) or gas mark 4 for 35-45 minutes or until the top is set and spongy to the touch.
6. During baking this pudding will separate into a rich chocolate sauce at the bottom and a sponge cake at the top.