- 1 1/4 cups
Sift together flour, cocoa and baking powders, and salt and
set aside. Coarsely chop chocolate. Set a large metal bowl over a saucepan of
simmering water. Break chocolate into small pieces. Stirring constantly
melt butter and three fourths chocolate, until smooth.
2. Remove from heat, stir in sugar and eggs 1 at a time. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Line a large baking sheet with grease proof paper. Drop cookie dough from a rounded tablespoon about 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a few pieces remaining chocolate. Bake in a 375F oven for 10-12 minutes or until just set.
4. Cool cookies in baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer with a spatula to rack to cool completely.
5. Make more cookies with remaining dough.
6. Cookies can be store in an airtight container for 4 days. Makes about 36 cookies.