Chocolate Mousse Pie
- 25 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 350 g. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 1\4 cup sugar
- 1\2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- grated chocolate
Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter
9-inch-diameter pie pan.
Finely grind cookies in processor. Add melted butter;
process until moist crumbs form. Press crumbs onto bottom and up
sides of pan. Bake until crust is set, about 15
minutes. Cool on rack.
1. Boil 1 cup cream in a small saucepan. Combine chocolate and vanilla in processor. With processor running, gradually pour hot cream and process until smooth. Transfer mousse to large bowl. Keep aside to cool.
2. Beat remaining cream and sugar to stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour mousse into prepared crust. Chill until set, about 6 hours or overnight.
3. Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks. Add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spoon topping into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe cream decoratively atop pie. Sprinkle with grated chocolate.