- 1\4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 50g. sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- 300 ml whip cream
- orange rind to decorate (optional)
1. Press the mangoes all over to soften the
flesh, then peel off all the skin. Scrape the
flesh sticking to the large stone. Puree in a blender or food processor. Add
orange rind and keep aside.
2. Place the eggs and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
3. Whisk mango puree, a little at a time, into the egg mixture, whisking well after each addition.
4. Place the orange juice in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until dissolved. Keep aside to cool.
5. Lightly whip the cream, then, using a metal spoon, lightly fold half of the cream into the mango mixture and keep the rest covered in the refrigerator. Gently stir the gelatin into the mango mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into 2 liters serving dish. Chill for several hours or overnight.
7. Decorate with piped cream and orange rinds