Mocha Chocolate Mousse
- 2 tbsp. strong instant coffee
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1\4 cup instant coffee
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tarter
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Combine chocolates and 2 tablespoons coffee in
a small metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water, stir until melted and smooth. Remove from
water and stir in sour cream.
2. Mix 1\4 cup coffee, sugar, cream of tart, egg whites and salt in a medium metal bowl, set over saucepan of simmering water.
3. Using hand-held mixer, beat mixture until tripled in volume, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla extract and continue beating, about 4 minutes.
4. Transfer mixture to large bowl. Fold in warm chocolate mixture. Spoon chocolate mousse into a glass serving bowl. Chill until set, about 3 hours or overnight.