No-Bake Chocolate Pie
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces, room temperature
- 11\2 cups chocolate biscuit crumbs
- 175 g. semisweet or bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
- 30 g. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1\2 cup whipping cream
- 450 g. packages cream cheese
- 1 1\4 cup icing sugar
- 1 1\2 tsp. vanilla extract
Melt butter in a saucepan over moderate heat, add crumbs and stir until mixture is evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch diameter spring form pan.
1. Place both chocolates and cream in a heavy based saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Keep aside to cool until warm.
2. Beat together cream cheese, powder sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well blended.
3. Beat in chocolate mixture. Spoon filling into prepared crust, smooth top. Cover and chill at least 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desire.